Brown County Of Minnesota

Commitment to Excellence through Leadership, Teamwork, and Education

Chemical Abuse/Dependency Services


Brown County Human Services offers Chemical Abuse and Dependency help for people of all ages who are experiencing substance use related problems.

Information and referal to appropriate resources is available by calling the intake worker at (507) 359-6500 or toll free at (800) 450-8246. 

The below list gives an overview of resources that are offered throught Brown County Human Services.

Refferals for Treatment Services

  • Residential Treatment
  • Aftercare Programs
  • Out-patient Treatment
  • Extended Care
  • Half Way House
  • Dual Diagnosis (co-occurring disorders)

Case Management

  • Information and Referral
  • Education and Prevention
  • Coordination of Services
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Community outreach

Pre-Petition Screening

Team consultation for determining level of chemical use severity and assessing danger to self or others; as it pertains to individuals being petitioned for civil court commitment

Rule 25 Chemical Health Assessments

“Rule 25” refers to Minnesota Rules, parts 9530.6600 to 9530.6655, which establishes the criteria for determining appropriate levels of chemical dependency care for public assistance recipients

Other Resources: The New Ulm Medical Center offers substance abuse services.Their phone number is: (507) 217-5118



Resize Page

Copyright Brown County 2015:   Brown County maintains this web site to enhance public access to County information. This is a service that is continually under development and we will make every effort to keep this site current. Neither Brown County nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on this web site and should not be deemed reliable for legal purposes. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this site, contact the Brown County Webmaster