Civil Process


The Civil Process division of the Sheriff’s Office is designed to help you recover money owed to you by another person or business. The Sheriff’s Office becomes involved only after you have gone to court (i.e. Small Claims Court) and have been awarded a judgment against the other party involved. There are several different options you can use to try and recover money or property. We cannot help you make the decision as to what option to use, nor can we give you any legal advice in regards to this process. If you have any questions in that regard, please contact an attorney. If you have any other questions, or would like to proceed with a levy, please contact the Sheriff’s Office.

Writ of Execution Instructions Handout (PDF)

Brown County Sheriff Civil Fees

The Brown County Sheriff’s Office will accept personal checks for Gun Permit applications and Civil Process fees for service only.  Any other expenses including Bail, Huber, Tow/Impound fees, and Gun Storage etc. must be paid in cash, certified check or money order.

Personal Check/Money Order or Certified check should be payable to BCSO or Brown County Sheriff’s Office.