Insurance Information Required: Effective January 1, 2016 insurance information must be provided at the time of registration renewal, title transfer, or application for new Minnesota title/registration. Minn Statute Chapter 169.798, Subd.
Commercial Licensed Drivers -
Beginning July 1, 2015, all drivers renewing their CDL will be required to provide a document from the following list that meets the proof of citizenship requirement.
- Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card
- Certified copy of birth certificate from any U.S. state
- Consular report of birth abroad issued by the U.S. Department or state
- Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship issued by U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Valid unexpired Permanent Resident Card
- Unexpired employment authorization document issued by USCIS or an unexpired foreign passport accompanied by an approved I-94 form.
If the name on the above document is different from the current name on the CDL, the customer must also present proof of the legal name change(s). Acceptable proof consists of certified marriage certificates, certified divorce decrees or other certified court orders. Divorce decrees or other court orders must specify the name change. Identity and name change documents need to show a clear link between the citizenship or permanent residency document and the current name.
License Bureau Office Hours:
Monday from 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Tuesday to Friday from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
ATM available on-site