County Feedlot Officers
Robert Santaella, Feedlot Technician
Amended Feedlot Rule - Now in effect (LInk)
Brown County is a delegated feedlot through the MPCA feedlot program that provides County Feedlot Officers for assistance to owners and operators throughout the County with regard to questions on the Feedlot Rule (MN Rule 7020).
Brown County has a total of 517 active feedlots with 397 that are required to be registered. Feedlots with more than 50 AU outside of shoreland, and 10 AU in shoreland areas, must update their registrations with the county every 4 years, with the next deadline being December 31st, 2017. Please contact our feedlot staff for any registration questions you may have.
This program is funded through the Natural Resources Block Grant (NRBG) and is based on the total number of feedlots that are required to be registered. The Feedlot Annual report and the Delegated Work Plan provide information to the County Board and MPCA regarding the number of inspected, number of feedlots found to be in compliance and those feedlots brought back into compliance with the state rule for that year. Please see the Reporting information below for more details.
- 2016-17 Feedlot Program Delegation and Work Plan (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2015 Feedlot All Details Report (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Feedlot Report (PDF)
- 2014 Feedlot All Details Report (PDF)
- 2014 Feedlot Supplemental Information Page (PDF)
Manure Mangement Forms and Workbook
- Manure application record 100-299 AU & Instructions (Link)
- Manure application record 300 AU or More (Link)
- Land Application Agreement (Link)
- Manure Nutrient Management – Short Plan (100-299 AU) (Link)
- MPCA Manure Management Planner - Excel Spreadsheet or Zip File - (Link)
- The Applicator, Vol 5 Issue 2 - Fall 2015 (PDF)
- The Applicator, Vol 5 Issue 1 - Spring 2015 (PDF)
- The Applicator, Vol 4 Issue 2 - Spring 2014 (PDF)
- The Applicator, Vol 4 Issue 3 - Fall/Winter 2014 (PDF)
- The Applicator, Vol 4 Issue 2 (PDF)
- The Applicator, Vol 4 Issue 1 (PDF)
- The Applicator, Vol 3 Issue 1& 2 (PDF)
- The Applicator, Vol 2 Issue 2 & 3 (PDF)
- The Applicator, Vol 2 Issue 1 (PDF)
Minimum Manure Application Setbacks Near Sensitive Features.
Click on Image for Larger Size
Feedlot Related Links